Friday, October 28, 2011

...and we're back! (fun Metro video)

Been quite a while since I've posted. You can thank my apartment's property manager for the hiatus. Yesterday was the first I've been able to physically access my computer for all intents and purposes for weeks, thanks to massive delays in making repairs that should have been made two months ago.

But I digress...


I'll try to do some catching up.


The first item I want to share isn't bike-related, but as it falls under the category or public transportation/transit, I'll throw it under my urban planning heading.


There's been much discussion at Metro about establishing rules for station names and renaming stations to make them comply with whatever rules they come up with. The latest update I've read was here at Greater Greater Washington.


As part of that post, they include a an embedded version of 
"The Metro Song." It parodies Johnny Cash's "I've been everywhere" to name 46 of the stations in the Metro system:



I really got a kick out of it, so I thought I'd share it here, too. Enjoy!

P.S.-School work abounds, but I hope to get a few meaningful posts up on the blog in the coming days, so keep your eyes peeled for more.













I rea

No comments:

Post a Comment